Graduate schemes 2021
Graduate schemes have always been a popular choice for students coming out of university, but what makes a good grad scheme? Mostly it’s the employer and level of support provided within the scheme that makes it so popular. There are employers across all sectors that provide graduate schemes in the UK. Here, we look at the benefits and how to secure a place.
What are graduate schemes?
Graduate Schemes offer a springboard into a good job that offers a training programme straight from university. They are usually entry-level jobs that enable you to gain exposure to lots of different projects within the business. These work-based training programmes usually last around 2 years and pay a full-time salary. Graduates typically carry on working for the company after their scheme has ended. However, they’re free to move on if they wish or if a place is not available for them.
How to secure a Graduate position
Many graduate positions are accompanied by a lot of applicants and competition so it’s worth doing your homework. Don’t expect the job to fall into your lap and be prepared to work hard to secure a place. Here are just a few top tips to help you get ahead…
- Thoroughly research the company and the position
- Research the interviewer’s names and positions held
- Prioritise your applications
- Ask interesting and thoughtful questions
- Give yourself lots of time to prepare and be on time!
- Prepare your surroundings for the video interview – make a great first impression
- Listen to the other applicants during the group assessment
The most popular graduate employers for 2020/21
Here are just a few of the most highly-rated graduate schemes as voted for by students:
- Cancer research
- MI16 Secret intelligence Service
- Rolls Royce
- JP Morgan
- Goldman Sachs
If you’re looking for student accommodation in Norwich, then contact us today.